“Marketing” is a function that is often confused with “marketing communications.” The role of “marketing communications (marcomm),” that is to say advertising, promotion and publicity, is simply and only to accelerate the diffusion process in a
cost-efficient manner. Catalystics provides advertising, promotion and publicity as separate services.
Marketing has five components.
1. Identifying customer wants/needs
2. Developing products to meet those wants/needs
3. Producing these products with consistent quality
4. Pricing the product to achieve satisfactory value for money
5. Making the product broadly available
Catalystics can help you with the first two through research, ideation and strategy development (establishing realistic objectives; defining positioning; identifying the most lucrative prospects; determining the most efficient sales channels; and discovering the most effective pricing and promotion strategies).
Most of this is done in collaboration with you using our proprietary Marketing Opportunity Matrix (MOM (TM)).